med_Winter_fantasy_by_Ironshod

One week before Christmas Eve (Dec 17th) my mom and I went out Christmas shopping at the local mall. We bought presents for my dad and niece and had a really good time together. You know family bonding and all that.

My niece was especially spoiled by my mom. My mom always asks her “What kind of love do we have?” and my niece always answers: “Forever love”. So my mom got her a customized heart pendent. On one side it says… well it’s obvious what both sides say I guess. But it’s really cute and apparently it was a huge hit with her when she opened it on Christmas Eve. She’s a good kid though and she’ll remember it forever.

We went to Red Robin afterwards. I’d not been there before but I certainly wish to go back. Mmm… their milkshakes are sooooo good. Great hamburgers and spicy fries too.

Got to use my new cell phone I’d just gotten that day when we had to split up and find a way to meet up. Having something ring in my coat pocket nearly gave me a heart attack. Take some getting used to.

Managed to get a treat for myself too. A new, fancy beard trimmer which is great as there’s no attachments you just move the dial to the setting you want, you can use it charged or with a cord, came with a case to keep it all in, and it even vacuums the hairs up as you trim reducing the mess. I also got a… uh… nose hair trimmer because apparently that is needed now. *sighs*

Mostly what I’ll remember though is just spending some time with my mom and getting a little Christmas cheer which almost managed to go by without my noticing this year. It came and went so fast!

Looking ahead to next year… I’m hoping… there might be another woman to spend my holiday with too. Where oh where are you my dragoness?